Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Teach Your Skeleton to Dance






Today is my friend's birthday and she is a Dia de los Muertos fanatic (just like me)! She loves the art and imagery associated with this fantastic celebration, so I thought I would create her birthday card staying with that theme. The main image is stamped on white cover stock in black Momento ink and colored with Copic markers. I have to once again sing the praises of these exceptional tools! They are excellent to color with and provide a nice smooth finish that is sometimes hard to achieve with regular markers. If you don't have any...I have two words for you...Get Some! You will become instantly addicted :)

I embossed certain areas of the image (multiple times) with clear embossing powder to achieve a glossy raised appearance. A little glitter glue around the edge of the image, some gorgeous Basic Grey paper from the Boxer line, and some embellishments complete the card.

The sentiment inside the card is my new favorite quote, it reads "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance" - George Bernard Shaw. Doesn't that just say it all! I love it! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D