Tuesday, August 31, 2010





I am sharing with you today a simple "thank you" card I made at a friend's request. I whipped this card up early yesterday in about an hour and a half. That's an easy breezy card for the girl who usually takes at least 4 hours to make a card. The other oddity that you'll notice on this card...no Copic coloring! NO, say it isn't so! Ah, but it is. Okay, I'll stop having a pretend conversation with myself, but I will reiterate...no Copic markers were harmed in the making of this card. In fact, this card was so simple, I just may start using this method for all my quickie cards. A black silhouette against a lovely background image. Understated and perfect for an assortment of occasions.

I decided not to lug all of my photo-taking paraphernalia out to take a picture of this card, because I felt, spending an extra 20-30 minutes hauling it into the dining room, setting it up, and then taking the pictures would totally defeat the purpose of the quick and easy card concept, so I left it on my desk for pics. In the process, I snapped a few extra photos of my work desk. too, just in case anyone is interested in seeing them. I have to make a confession, though. I usually keep my desk pretty clean when I'm working on a project, but I did clean up a bit to take these shots. This is how I usually leave it at night, though. I like to start with a clean desk every morning. I used to work on the dining room table and because I didn't want to walk back and forth to put away my tools, I used to leave everything out. Before long, I would find my workspace shrinking and that I was trying to make a card in a tiny 6 inch square space. Neat by nature, this used to drive me nuts and cause MUCH anxiety. Now that I have my own workspace in the same room that I store my tools and supplies in, I can easily put things away as I use them. It is a liberating feeling ;D

12 comments:

  1. So wish my work area looked that elegant! We moved from 3500 sq. ft. to 1100 and I have no place for ANYTHING! But I do have 5 acres now. Love your card hon and I'm totally in awe of your organizaton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Your card is just beautiful.. Love your work area..Very lovely place to do your creating..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Cheryl! I need to try that with some of my PB or Hero Arts flower stamps! Simple and beautiful!
    Love Ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card and I had to look back to make sure you weren't fibbing about not using copics, lol.

    I just posted pics of my uh, "workspace." I would invite you to take a look, but I'm afraid the Neat Freak in you might not be able to handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...and desk ! It's seems to be a "zen" place to create.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you really keep your space that clean?! I'm jealous. Mine is a disaster area. Lovely card of course...but still jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! Love the pics of your workspace too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, even without the Copics ;) I am so impressed with your clean workspace though...wow! I don't think there's a 2-foot space in my craft room that is that clean! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg how tidy is your workspace! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my ...even your scrap room is beautiful and amazing..looks like your style!! Love the card and as always totally inspired!! I oew you an email. Have a great weekend Hugs,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cheryl
    What an excellent quickie card. Must remember this for when I need to whip one up real quick. I love the look of the black image against the DP. Thanks for the fab shots of your work space. Nice to see where all these masterpieces are created. I'm so jealous of that copic collection though!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I wish I could keep my desk that clean, unfortunately my craft space is also my computer space and catch all. BUT you have inspired me to designate a place for crafting only. I see furniture moving in my future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D