Monday, August 16, 2010

Kenny K - Kitty Katastrophe





Today I have a card for you featuring Kitty Katastrophe, an image from Kenny K's Gothic Angelz line. These images have really taken off and I am seeing them in card creations all over the Internet. Speaking of which, there is a challenge happening right now over on the Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge Blog, so why not join the fun! There were 10 more All Starz images released yesterday and there will be a new line called the Rock Squad released at the end of the month. I can't wait!!!

Okay, must...calm...down. There. Back to Kitty Katastrophe...she was a lot of fun. She's a bit on the sweet and sassy side. I colored her up in purples and grays at the request of my sister's coworker. She wants the card for her daughter or one of her nieces, I can't remember which. I want to thank her for her interest in my cards. It's always so flattering when someone wants a card from me ;D

I don't work with purples a whole lot, so imagine my surprise when I checked my Copic Marker chart and found that I only own 5 Blue Violets and 3 Violets. Oh my!! I made due on this card, but I seriously need to get crackin' on rounding out those columns on my chart! It's really the only hole I have right now. Any excuse to buy new Copics is fine by me ;D

I went full out Nestie on this card and really didn't have much need for too many embellishments. Just a ribbon and some gems. Of course, a little dimensional lacquer on the footwear never hurts.

Hmmm, not sure what I'll be back with tomorrow. It will be a surprise...for you and me both ;D

Copics:
skin - E11, E00, E000, R02
hair - E35, E31, E30, Y21, Y15
outfit - 100, C7, C5, C3, C2, C01, C00, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, your colouring is brilliant.

    Pamela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Wowzy Cheryl, this is fantastic, your colouring ability is to die for...I am so green with envy of your talent.

    Fantastic card, I love the KK image, not been and brought any of the new ones yet....need to do some DT samples over the next few weeks but I can't wait till there done, I am itching to get my hands on some of these beauties...
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS !!!! this card is awesome hun love these images xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these images too. This one is also very cool, love her footwear and love you've glossy accented them too. The purple is perfect. The word verification on here is alizzabi which is nice and appropriate for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work again Cheryl. Must say I love this image too. She is too cute! Love your colouring skills. Always a pleasure visiting. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring skillz are amazing! I swear, you are my mentor with all things copic! Great job on this...absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beauty and I love those boots! Don't you think they look a little like fancy ski boots! How cute if Kenny K. would add a ski-bunny to his sportz line! Just a thought!
    Hugs! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. soooo fabulous Cheryl!! Lovin the purples!! fantastic coloring and design my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! genial.
    nice card.

    greetz doreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card sheryl
    lovely color and coloring


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, you totally blow me away with your coloring, Cheryl! Fan-freakin-tastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous purpley card!! Love how you layered the nesties, and the little touch of glam with the rhinestones is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D