Thursday, September 30, 2010

Haunted High - My next class at CP2 (10/9)









Good Morning! Welcome to the halls of Haunted High where there's a ghoulish surprise around every corner and there's no such thing as a stranger. Mainly because they don't come any "stranger" than the attendees of this special institution for higher learning. Here you can hone your skills as a Master of the Macabre, focus your studies on General Mayhem, or dabble in the fine art of Catastrophic Destruction. The choice is yours.

A firm believer in the No Ghoul Left Behind policy, the administration of Haunted High extends it's welcome to all manner of ghosts, gobblins, monsters, and various other Menace to Society types. Previous elite graduates include John Revolta, Christian Slaughter, Amy Grindhouse, Katy Scary, and George Gooney. Don't wait...join the student body today!

Hahaha! I had a grand old time putting this project together. I used the haunted house chipboard book by Magenta and papered it with all sorts of fabulous designs by Reflections. I was a little intimidated at first, because this is not my usual type of task. I'm a card maker and that's where my comfort zone resides most of the time...a nice, warm, safe environment for it to dwell. This, however, was as simple as covering the chipboard with glue stick, slapping the paper on it, and then trimming it out with a craft knife. After I papered the back and front of each of the 4 pages, then the fun really started! I played with a whole cast of the Stampotique Characters. They just seemed to belong in this slightly off-kilter setting.

A couple of things that I overlooked and will remedy later...first of all, it needs to say Haunted High somewhere on the project, which I will be adding to the green panel on the back. The way the board is layered it will appear center stage when the book is closed. Also on the last page, I added a take on a common yearbook phrase that appears in countless annuals year after year...2 cool 2 be forgotten. Instead I changed it up to read "2 cruel 2 be verboten". It doesn't even really make sense, but it sounded good and that's all I was really trying to accomplish. My confession is that I spelled verboten incorrectly on my project. Hmmm...maybe it's not such a great school after all...LOL!!! Perhaps spelling is not part of the Sinister Studies Curriculum ;D

13 comments:

  1. OH MY Cheryl! This is super uber amazing! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! Love this divinely sinister, work of art, Cheryl! What a fun class this will be.
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cool! I wish I could take some classes with you! You always have such awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way impressive...spelling and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projetc ! I love it all : idea, colors, stamps.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great fun Cheryl! Wish I could be there to take that class looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT! As always Cheryl you have out done yourself. This looks fantastic. Love the writing too. Enjoyed this post imensely.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Cheryl! AMAZING..and so many fun details. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl, I just cant find the words to say what I think of this master piece.
    This is so great, I love all the surprices this house has in store for its visitors.

    Wonderfull!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHUT UP!! This is GENIUS, Cheryl! For real!! I was just skimming through blogs -- so glad I slowed down to read your post and fully appreciate all the humor. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the unexpected colors on the faces ... fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...what a fantastic project, Cheryl! You chose the perfect papers to cover the house and those characters are spooky cute! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D