Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas Card Class at CP2





Hello! Today I am featuring 1 of 2 non-traditional Christmas cards I will be teaching in a class at CP2 on November 13th. The focus of these cards is the Tim Holtz Rosette die. Such a quick and easy way to make a rosette. I'll have all of the rosettes pre-cut for the class, but I'll bring in my Cuttle Bug and show you how to use the die in the CB.

Here's a quick tale about a paper rosette and a little furry monster. Titus, my not so tiny kitten, is obsessed with paper. He is just like his mama...LOL! Anyway, when I made my first rosette using the die, I was so proud of myself for having figured it out. I glued it together. Admired it and then left it sitting on my desk so I could grab a glass of water in the kitchen. It's important to stay hydrated when crafting ;D After only a minute or two, I look up from the sink and see Titus literally flying out of the front room, which means he has snagged something fabulous that he is pretty proud of. We spend the better part of 5 minutes re-enacting every coyote/roadrunner cartoon chase scene right there in the living room, and when I finally pin him down...you guessed it. He has his teeth perfectly clamped on my beautiful rosette. I know why God gave kitties beautiful, sweet faces...because one look into those gold/green eyes and my heart melts, completely making me forget about the rosette debacle. Must be his super power. It also helps that they are super easy to make ;D

I'll be back tomorrow with card number 2. Have a crafty day ;D

4 comments:

  1. This is what I love about your talent.
    You always do something unexpacted.
    It is always a surprice.
    Only you would think of a christmas card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the bird cages, they are so lovely. Oh I so know what you mean about pretty cats and naughty deeds. I often say to Miaowski 'if you looked like a cockroach, you wouldn't have got away with that!' And when I say naughty, I mean she has graduated in being the naughtiest cat in the Universe! I have a pack of her treats in a chest of drawers - well she has practically clawed that piece of furniture into a different shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pretty rosette with the bird! Beautiful card!!
    Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're not quite as cute when they have a dead mouse sitting next to a toy mouse and are looking at you with those eyes, pleading for a resurrection.

    Anyways, it's a fabulous card and the rosette is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D