Monday, December 13, 2010

Kenny K just for fun...






Santa hired a new elf and Mrs. Claus is none too pleased about it!  Meet Biker Betty.  She was looking for a seasonal job around the holidays and Santa, being the caring and understanding person he is, decided to help the poor girl out...lol!  For whatever reason, Mrs. Claus did not take a shine to Betty and had Santa give her the boot.  Oh, dear...!  What will Betty do?  Never fear, as long as there is an aluminum pole nearby, Betty can make do.  What...?  NO!  Get your mind out of the gutter!  Betty celebrates Festivus and the aluminum pole is a big part of that holiday ;D  Festivus occurs on December 23rd each year, which happens to be my sister's birthday, and it has been forever immortalized by the Seinfeld series.  Don't believe me?  Just check Wikipedia, it's there, I swear...LOL!

On to my card.  Let me say this, if you want to practice coloring skintones with your Copics, these are the images to use...lol!  Seriously though, there is quite a bit of real estate and all the curves require a bit of shading.  My favorite Copics for fair complexions are E11, E00, E000 and as of late, I have been adding a bit of R20 to the curvier areas.  It a fantastic combination.  The R20 really adds that little bit of rosiness that skin naturally possesses.  Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.  I wish my pictures had captured those colors better, but I believe I left my exposure setting a scant bit light so it drowned out some of my details.

I also used my favorite reds on this...R39, R29, R24, and R22.  Love the gradation that I can achieve with these.  Anyway, this card was fun to make and I really love the Krash Kittenz release.  They are super sexy, but oh so cute and just a tad sweet ;D  I have been seeing some amazing creations around the Internet using these images.  Visit the Kenny K Krafty Girlz Challenge blog to see fabulous cards not only by the DT, but also by the folks entering the challenges...WOW!

I've got to scoot! Stay crafty ;D    

11 comments:

  1. Oh Cheryl..I've only got one word for your card WOWZERS.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    it's so amazing, it's beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome coloring and even better story to go with it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,Fabulous card,Love everything about it and great story
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo wow sheryl sheee isssssssss hot.
    what a beautiful image and your coloring is sooooooooo great.
    very beautiful card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Festivus for the rest of us! HAHA I don't know how you do it Cheryl but you manage to out do yourself everytime, this card is amazing, I love all the details. That rose is awesome, Tim Holtz rose? I just got some new images from Kenny K and have not had a chance to color them up, hopefully today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl She is one hot elf! THANK YOU for sharing the R39 color. I don't have that one yet, and haven't been quite able to get what I want with the R29, R59 combo!!! LOVING the bling on her top too! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why Mrs. Claus gave her the boot! What a cute biker babe! Love that gorgeous rose!!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.. the colors are perfect! and you did the coloring perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, lady's don't let your husbands take a look at this card.
    hahahahaha (LOL)!

    But it is again such a pretty card.

    Hugs Riet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a great story! I'm a big Seinfeld fan and I so remember the "Festivus" episode! Didn't know it was in Wikipedia!!

    And your card is uber fabulous! Your awesome coloring just brings her to life! And I made a flower (grungeboard ala Tim Holtz?) that looks almost like yours! I'll throw it on a card one day and show you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D