Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A card, finally...





Hello!  Today I am finally posting a new card.  It seems it has been ages since I have made one, so it felt good to play a little.  My friend asked me if I had a couple of cards laying around that used cats as the central theme.  She has 2 friends that are very special to her and they both love cats.  I too, love cats!  You would think that a person, such as myself, who very much loves cats and has 3 cats of her own, would have a few cat themed cards already prepared and ready to go, but that is just not the case.  I even have an entire box dedicated just to cat images, however, I can count on one hand the number of cat cards I have made during the 13 years I have been stamping.  Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration...perhaps 2 hands is more accurate.

Anyway, I was excited to drag out my box full of cat stamps, or as I like to call it, the "cat box"...lol...and play with a few stamps that have never seen an ink pad before.  There is just something about breaking in a stamp and getting it inky for the first time, no matter how old it is.  The stamps I settled on for these cards were actually by Stamps by Judith, a brand I don't get to play with all that frequently, which is a sad thing because she has some fantastic images!  I believe I picked these up at a rubber stamp show a few years ago.   The sentiment is from a teeny tiny set by Hero Arts.  I colored my fabulous felines using Copic Markers, gave the die cut panel a little distressing action with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and rimmed it with a bit of Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue.  I love these two characters.  The expressions on their faces are just wonderful and make me smile ;D  The light aqua DP is by October Afternoon and the polka dot DP is by Basic Gray.  Normally, I would never have used these two papers together, but here, they seem to work.  Take a gander at that awesome button sitting next to the bow.  That little puppy (no offense kitties) is a handmade button courtesy of my uber-talented mother.  Isn't it just crazy cool!  I love it!  Thanks, mom ;D

Before I go, I just want to extend a huge "thank you" to all of the fab folks who have joined my Blog Candy Give-a-way.  You guys are da'bomb!  I can't wait to pick a winner on February 2nd!  Keep signing up ;D  Okay, time for bed.  See you later, crafty goddesses of the world!    

12 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl

    Great card to get back in to it with! Really cute image too.

    Wow, your Mum is so talented! How on earth do you make buttons?? Looks fabulous.

    Michelle:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a card ... wow this is brilliant!
    We must thank you, thanks to this candy, I came to a great blog!
    Big hugs, Celia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, Such a cute card. Love the expressions on the two cats. Lol made me smile. Beautifully and perfectly shaded, as usual!
    Happy Wednesday,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love how clean and uncluttered, yet gorgeous it came out! Super nice and those cats are adorable!
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sheryl, what a lovely and sweet card.
    great layout.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this fantastic card ! great job ! greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute ! I love cats too, and these cats are really adorable !
    Your card is very nice !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh...I love this cute kitty card! If this one needs a home, Cheryl, mine is available! I have some of these stamps, I need to dig them out! Love everything about this adorable creation!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cat card Cheryl!! I laughed about your "cat box".... This is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww what a cutie this is, he he a cat box ... that's awesome :) and how lucky to have a mum who likes and makes such awesome 'puppy' lovly buttons :) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl, I absolutely love these cards...they are perrrrfect. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing them for me. I know it was last minute notice. Thank you soooo much and I will make it to you.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww. Cute kitties. :D

    Great coloring of them (as usual). Love the button. Love the paper choices, the design, everything. :D

    Love, Love, Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D