Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Valentine's Day Card Class at CP2





Hello, all!  Today I am sharing the first of two cards I will be teaching for a Valentine's Day card class at China Phoenix 2 on January 22nd.  I wanted to do something a little less traditional for Valentine's Day this go around, so I reached for my Bombshell Stamps.  These images are beautiful and edgy, and I just love them!  I combined one of the sacred heart images from the All My Heart set with a couple of the sugar skulls from the Sugar Skulls set for a V-day card that says, "I love you, but I am so uber-cool, you are lucky to have me!"  LOL!  

I colored the sacred heart image and the sugar skulls with Copics using primarily reds (R39, R29, R24, and  R22).  A thick coat of dimensional lacquer makes the heart pop and gives the card added interest.  The best part, though, was dyeing the seam binding.  I went back and forth spraying the seam binding with water and swiping it with the Fired Brick Distress Ink pad, then I crumpled the ribbon and dried it with my heat gun.  My hands were bright red after this process, so I knew I had been successful.  Dont'cha just love to get inky?!  I finished it off with the usual accoutrements...gemstones and glitter glue.

YAWN!  I must be boring myself with this post, because I can barely keep my eyes open right now.  I can't even stay awake long enough to proof read it, so if there are any typos or grammatical errors, please forgive.  I am literally sitting here nodding off.  Ack!  Okay, I am going to succumb to Mr. Sandman and take my behind to bed.  Tomorrow I will be back with something more entertaining ;D  Stay crafty!

10 comments:

  1. it's a totally different card , but I love it.
    great colors, love that heart.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kicky and different valentine! Those sugar sculls are a delightful addition to this beautiful card!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so GREAT! Love it. The Sugar Skulls make it Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Cheryl!! Sorry I haven't commented on your truly awesome cards lately. Been so busy with other things I haven't done any crafting or blogging in ages. Anyway I LOVE this beautiful card, it's so glam and cool at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way Cool!!! Love the glossy heart, and what a great way to die the ribbon!! Love the images! Love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cheryl, I just LOVE this card! The flowery skulls are just so cool - I think you might have given me an itch for these stamps!!
    Sorry I've been out of loop for so long, it's been more a hospital than a house here for almost a month!
    Hugsies
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cheryl! This card is soooo cute. I love the skulls! Also, I left you an award on my blog - http://tracysstampingcorner.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Cheryl its Denise from your copics class (the newbie ;) )! I CANNOT wait to make this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fabulous card. Great coloring, great design, perfect embellishments -- the hallmarks of a "Cheryl" card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D