Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A New Challenge at Tiddly Inks: Nature Movie Inspired!



Hello, gang!  Welcome back!  I hope your weekend was chock-full of fun stuff.  I know mine was!  We spent Saturday with Team Albukirky competing in the 3rd Annual Disc-it Round Up.  This was the first cooking competition we've ever participated in, so we had no idea what to expect.  There were 58 teams competing and we placed a respectable 5th overall.  Not too shabby!  

Kirk cooked Pecan Crusted Chicken Nuggets served alongside his signature Alburkirky Seasoning barbecue sauce for dipping.  They were delicious and a huge hit!  Unfortunately, we drastically underestimated the amount of food to prepare and had to shut down for approximately an hour while my sister's boyfriend, Sean, made an emergency run to Albertson's for more chicken.  We went through 31 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts and could have easily served up an additional 10-15 lbs more if we had had it around.  On the other hand, Kirk used a restaurant supplier to acquire the Panko bread crumbs and the smallest bag he was able to get was 25lbs.  He used roughly 6 lbs.  Needless to say, we have enough Panko bread crumbs to take us through our next lifetime.  In fact, I think I will start using it in some of my paper crafting in lieu of glitter...lol!  All in all, we had an amazing day and I want to say a special "thank you" to Team Albukirky (Patricia Valadez, Sean Sorlie, and Debbie Williams) for all their hard work in making the event that much more exciting.  I also want to say "thank you" to all of our friends who attended the event.  It was great seeing some familiar, friendly faces among the hungry and impatient masses...LOL!  Approximately $70,000.00 was raised to benefit UNM's Children's Miracle Network and in that respect, everybody was a winner :)

Now on to my card ;D  This week at Tiddly Inks, the challenge is to create a card that is Nature Movie Inspired.  I have wanted to play with this image, You and Me, for a while.  I love the soft lines of the couple and how they really seem to be emotionally connected.  It's not too whimisical and not too serious.  When I think about movies and look at this image, the first film that comes to mind is The Princess Bride.  I adore this flick!  It is funny, sweet, and just plain entertaining.  It is certainly a classic or soon to be one.  Not what you might think of in traditional nature movie fare, but much of the film takes place outdoors while Wesley is searching for Buttercup.  If memory serves me correctly, Billy Crystal's character, Miracle Max, even resides in the trunk of a tree.  Sounds like a couple of nods to nature to me ;D  

I colored up the image with my Copics and also played around with adding some shaded folds to the dress.  I know.  I need some practice with this technique.  Sometimes I look at it and think it looks okay; other times, not so much.  Please swing by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and check out all of the fabulous DT designs and don't forget Christy's blog, as well.  She always has lots of inspiring surprises waiting to get your creative juices percolating.  

That's it for now.  See you tomorrow with something new!  Until then, stay crafty ;D            

21 comments:

  1. ooooh Cheryl this is so pretty and i love love love that butterfly nestled in behind them. Hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... what a fab coloring ! great !
    greetings,martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woauw Cheryl, this is beautiful!!!I love your coloring a lot!!!!
    Hugs, Celia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful cheryl, your image is looking great.
    love how you added your ribbon with flowers.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cheryl!!! I am speechless!! Which RARELY happens! LOL!! Your ruffly ribbon/flower combo is over the top stunning. And your coloring is UNBELIEVABLE as always!!!

    So inspiring!!

    Crafty Hugs!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think her folds look gorgeous, just right. I find with mine, once you take a picture they look right, but in person I they don't WEIRD. Yours however are perfect.

    I ADORE this image for The Princess Bride, it is such a wonderful film, cracks me up with it's clever wit and sassiness.

    Loving this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cheryl this is so wonderfully romantic! Breathtaking, really. the whole card looks like a fabulous tribute to the beauty of nature. WOW! I love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, an BTW, your chicken sounds super yummy! Wish I'd been there. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. It is just beautiful and it fits your movie choice perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl gorgeous image and a fabulous card. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very lovely card Cheryl! Your colouring is amazing!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats in coming in 5th place in the charity cook-off! Wish I could have been there to sample some of Kirk's pecan-crusted chicken tenders...Yummy!!
    Your adorable card is so beautifully colored and love all the gorgeous details!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the card and I think it would definitely have benefited from some breadcrumb glitter...that would have made all the difference!!! LOL

    I love that movie and I love all the special little touches---even without the crumbs...:)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what an amazing card, so beautifully coloured as always... and congrats on coming 5th at the charity cook-off, wow that is amazing :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheryl - this card is just breath taking...I LOVE the papers and her dress is GORGEOUS...not to mention all the gorgeous additions - flowers and such!!
    Beautiful!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable and I love all the elements you put together! Great colors too and her dress is gorgeous! :D *hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shading looks fabulous.

    I love the card and especially love the be-glittered butterfly peeking out from beyond the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh la la, this is just exquisite!!! Simply amazing I could look at it all day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really lovely! Such a sweet image. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card. The image is adorable. Just what i need for my BFF wedding next month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D