Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Quick and Simple Card


Hey, all!  Just popping in with a quick and simple card I made for my sister-in-law to give to a couple as a wedding card.  I know...it's far from traditional, but I'm hoping this couple is far from traditional, as well.  She sort of gave me free reign, which is a dangerous thing to do...lol!  

I like this card because I used a reverse embossing technique.  I've used it before, but I'm working on a tutorial so you can really see it in action.  Basically, you emboss with clear powder on white card stock.  Apply your choice of Distress Ink.  Then iron off the embossed layer using a craft iron and a sheet of blank newsprint.  The newsprint lifts the embossed layer right off and leaves a relatively smooth surface ready for more stamping.  I chose to add an elegant Penny Black Brush Stroke flower.  I adore this line of PB images!  So fabulous and so perfect for a myriad of uses.  

Okay, I promised myself I would be in bed before midnight tonight, so I better scoot.  The Sandman is singing my song and I can't resist his powerful lullaby ;D  Until next time, stay crafty!    

5 comments:

  1. Well I love it, and I'm sure the bride and groom will. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. quick, simply and beautiful cheryl
    love the colorcombo.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant! Love this PB image!!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be quick and simple but it is also beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D