Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Card Just for Fun




Hola!  Just dashing in and out really quick to share a card I decided to make at the very last minute tonight. I was prepping a few kits for a class I'm teaching tomorrow and I finished up rather early.  Well, at least early for me.  I finished around 11:00pm and thought "what now"?  Any sane person would opt for bed, but I have never been known for my sanity, so I opted to make a card....just for fun.  

It's been a long time since I actually made a card for no reason other than I wanted to.  I cheated a wee bit.  I had already colored the image and just needed to construct a card around it.  I love this image and have colored her up numerous times, always thinking that I'll turn the finished image into a card one day, but never acting on it.  Her name is Windswept and she is by Simply Sassy.  Check out their blog and you'll find links to their store. 

I'm a bit obsessed with dotty backgrounds as of late, so plan on seeing more of these ;D  I better scoot, bed is officially calling my name now!  Stay crafty!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card
    I love the colors and your mastery of coloring
    Thank you for stopping by to see me, I'm so glad you like my little card
    Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Sugar Nellie image, and I love what you did with her! That ribbon application is genius! Just perfect for this cutie!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, what am elegant design! I won't even go into your colouring as it's rockin' as usual but what you did with that ribbon, gems and rose is just ingenious!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite work of art! Love your ribbon & your dot background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love what you've done with the ribbon trim with the gems. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, takes my breath away, such beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful- i LOVE the embellishments- so stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO stunning Cheryl!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!! So pretty!!! That ribbon is SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and a wonderful card. I adore your coloring and LOVE that ribbon, gemstone embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful what you have done with this image, coloring is superb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D