Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Impromptu Card Class Saturday at CP2







I want to thank the folks who joined Anne and I for our collaboration class this past Saturday.  Ladies, your shrines ROCKED!!!  I loved seeing how everybody personalized their piece by adding their own touches to make it a unique, one of a kind work of art.  Amazing!  

Speaking of classes, I added an impromptu class to the CP2 calendar for this coming Saturday at 1:00pm. You know, I totally dig Dia de los Muertos and my last few classes have focused on this amazing Mexican celebration, but deep down inside, I also have a penchant for "cute".  Yep, I love me some "cute" once in a while.  Therefore, it was only fair to try and squeeze in a "cute" Halloween card class before October passed me by.  

The images on these cards are by Stampendous and colored with Copics.  I tried to keep the palette simple, so I didn't use as many colors as I might normally use.  Felt flowers are easy and fun to create, and the addition of googly eyes makes them perfect embellishments for my theme.  A few cool papers and some simple accessories is all that's needed to finish these cards off.  

If you're going to be in the Albuquerque area on Saturday afternoon and you want to get your "cute" on call the shop and hang out with me for a couple of hours ;D  

6 comments:

  1. fun and gorgeous halloween card sheryl.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are the cutest and the coloring is so beautiful...great details and colors

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cute cards! Love the the cat in the pumpkin image! Looks like your Titus...doesn't he! Ha Ha ha
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWE! i love the lil eyeballs you put on the felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing card - in fact I'd be here all night if I commented on everyone one of your cards I liked. Your work is fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're great. I absolutely adore that kitty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D