Hey, everybody! I'm back with my second post for the day. This time, I'm sharing a card and a Copic tutorial I created for the Color Me Copic Club.
If you don't already know, the Color Me Copic Club is a terrific group for folks who want to learn more about Copic Markers and build their collection of colors. Beginners and seasoned Copic users alike, benefit from the club's resources. Each month, members receive 6 markers that have been selected to round out their color charts. They also have full access to a private Facebook forum where they share their art, ideas, and Copic tips and tricks. It's a terrific community resource for all things Copic.
This month's tutorial features coloring light complected skin tones. I have gone through a couple of skin coloring metamorphosis during the past couple of years and I have to say, I'm really liking the phase I'm in now...lol! Does that even make sense? ;D
In the beginning, I started out using 2 colors for skin, E00 and E000, and called it a day. Then I discovered that adding a 3rd color, in my case E11, created slightly more depth, so I would start with E11 to create shadows, and then follow with E00 and E000 to blend. Then I discovered that R20 worked well on other areas of skin and not just the traditional cheek color that I had been using it on before. My current method looks like this:
- Create very light shadows by using E00 on various areas of the skin
- Follow by blending with E000 and overlapping the E00 slightly
- Create cheek color and more intense shading on various areas of the skin using R20
- Follow by blending with E00 and overlapping the R20 slightly
- Apply another layer of E000, overlapping the E00 slightly
- Create very slight hard shadows by using E11 to outline the very darkest part of the shadowed area and do not blend. E11 should be the final color application for the skin tone.
The image I used for my sample is called Betty by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. She's a lot of fun to color as are all of the KKS images.
Subscribe to the Color Me Copic Club You Tube Channel and you'll never miss a video. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Color Me Copic Club, contact Carlene Pinkscrapper at email@example.com.
skin - E11, E00, E000, R20
makeup - RV29 (lips), C5, C3, C1(eye shadow)
hair - E59, E37, E35, E31
outfit - RV29, RV25, RV23
stockings - C5, C3, C1
yellow details - Y15, Y11