Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 3 of June Peeks at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!


Hello, good people of Blogland!  Did you give up on me?  I hope not :D  We've been displaced for the past 2 1/2 weeks.  Rather than us setting up house under a bridge somewhere, my sister and her boyfriend kindly took us in (plus our 2 cats) while we were lost in a scary game of home buyer's roulette.  There were moments when I was certain that this whole ordeal was not going to turn out well, but thankfully, I was wrong and as of today, ALL the paperwork has been signed and we have officially moved into our next home.  Okay, "moved into" is a bit of an exaggeration.  The big pieces of furniture have made it into the house, but the little stuff is still sitting in the garage.  Unfortunately, that means there's a lot of conversations between Kirk and I that start out like this "Hey, have you seen the salt and pepper shakers?"  "No, but I'll find them."  Dig, dig, dig...40 minutes later, no salt and pepper shakers.  That makes for a lot of bland food.  Oh well, we will eventually climb out from under all the rubble of our move and bring some order back into our lives.  Anyone want to wager on when that will be?

Amidst ALL the chaos, I did manage to round up enough bits and pieces to make a card for today's Sneak Peek at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.  Thank goodness, because I thought I was going to have a craft melt down if I didn't sit down and work on something.  I even whined enough to make the guys find my art desk and put it in my craft room.  Awesome!

Today's featured artist at KKS is Emilie Goulet and she has created 2 new Teen sets.  These images are great and have a lot of appeal and charm.  These designs will be available in the shop along with all of the other new releases this Sunday, so grab 'em while you can ;D  Play along by leaving a comment on each the DT member's blogs and you could some stamps!  Kimmie will pick 2 winners who will each receive one of the sets.  Woohoo!  Free stamps are the best stamps!

Okay, I better scoot!  It is the wee hours of the morning and I am still up.  Some things never change ;D  Catch ya later!  Stay krafty!      

24 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope you get settled soon. This is another gorgeous card. Love your coloring and the little skull is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything worked out in the end Cheryl and good to see you back! :)A great card...love the image and the fab papers that you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U Do Rock LOL!!! This card is Fab. Great colors and I love the brad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card, such a great teenager image...love him! great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool....great card and fantastic colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card for a boy or young man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing colouring! Such a cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you may have scrounged to find stuff for this card, but it's fabulous, so you must have found the perfect stuff. love the new image. Good luck with getting it all put away, lol. I hate moving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you totally ROCKED this image...I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool card.....it rocks. These are great images for teens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card for a teenage boy! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the papers and the skull is just rocken!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Awseome image and beautifully colored! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great and fabulous card and image cheryl.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! So great to see you have found some of your crafty things to work with! Beautiful card and love this cute image!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing Cheryl. Love that skull bling on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't he just perfect? This is a wonderful card and I love how you have brought his to life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowza am I glad to see you back to blog land!!! Iv been missin' these fab cards of yours!!! I am so glad that you guys are finally in your wonderful home!!! congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how you used the distress ink on the card. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1) Congrats on finally closing on your new home and moving in, even if you are "roughing it".
    2) Great card. I especially love the coloring of the guitar AND that skull thingy. I could use some skull thingies, so were did you find it and what exactly is it (other than a skull thingy)? A button, a brad, a thingy???

    Giggle. I crack myself up.

    3) I am soooooooooooooo very happy to see your crafting. I wouldn't want you to have to go through crafting withdrawal...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the image and love your card :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D