Saturday, July 21, 2012





WOW!  There is a lot going on today!  First of all, I'm happy to report that if you check my sidebar listing the Krafty Girls, you'll find 4 new talented ladies have been added to our team.  These gals are so energetic and freakin' amazing that you absolutely MUST visit their blogs and give a great big WELCOME to Alyce KeeganJessie Rone, Sheri Willshire, and Kim O'Connell :D  Kisses, ladies!

Next on the list is the very cool challenge happening at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.  This week, our glamorous hostess is the lovely Kerry Johnson and she has asked us and YOU to create a card with Stitching...Real or Faux.  At first, I was skeptical.  I can't operate a sewing machine to save my life, so the "faux" portion of this challenge sparked my interest a bit more than the "real" option did.  After I thought about it a bit more, I decided that some rustic hand stitching might be pretty cool and that immediately conjured up images of Drucilla, one of my absolute FAVORITE KKS stamps!  I adore Drucilla!  She has that krazy kooky hair that is a nightmare to color because it's almost impossible to stay in the lines, but that's part of her charm ;D  In addition to those fabulous locks is that kreepy cute voodoo doll.  ACK!  Could she be any cooler!  I think not!

I'm a bit of a Halloween and Dia de los Muertos nut, so this card was the perfect project to bridge my darker crafting desires until it's time to go full blown macabre...hehe!  I know, she's a happy little image and these are happy little colors, but Drucilla is just twisted enough to make me smile and that's all I need to get me through ;D  Drucilla is available in the Kraftin' Kimmie Shop, so pick her up if you need some "cute with a twist" in your KKS image arsenal.  While you're there, be sure to check out the Frugal Friday specials under Deals, Deals, Deals.

We're also playing along this week with the folks at Crazy 4 Challenges.  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is sponsoring their challenge, so head over there and see how you can play along.  Actually, it couldn't be any easier, because their challenge is also Stitching.  Kill 2 birds with 1 stone (horrible saying) and join both challenges.  Double your odds of collecting some KKS booty!

Alrighty then, I think I have shared everything I needed to.

15 comments:

  1. this is so cute and I LOVE your faux stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love her! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holey moley!! Do you set the bar high, or what? Of course, I adore your coloring, but your layout, perfect embellishments and that stitching are PERFECT Cheryl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-MA-ZING! she is so scary-cute that I cant help but love her to death!!! haha your black stitching added the PERFECT touch, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible colouring and absolutely gorgeous card Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie she is and you colored her so beautifully...a Voodoo princess, with just a touch of evil! Hee Hee
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. You know how much I love Drucilla and her Voodoo doll. Wonderful coloring on her. I love how you shaded her face (she has a real nose!) and the doll (he has a belly now!).

    The stitching looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. ˆˆˆ ROFL @ what your Mom said. I wonder if Drucilla reminds her of someone...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh....how fun and funky....just love her 'flyaway' hairdo....thanks for joining the Crazies this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn girl...you are soooo talented!!! :) LOVE everything about this card. No...I love everything that you do, period!! LOL! You're amazing!
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I love her funky eyeshadow! ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This rocks Cheryl! Love how you have coloured her up so funkily. Amazing layout and all of the tones are just so rich! Awesome work! So excited to be joining the team with you! Wahoo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyce, we are absolutely stoked to have you! Welcome aboard, lady :)

      Delete
  13. I cannot begin to express how kewl this card is. The coloring is gorgeous, the layout fab and the stitching and details spiffy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D