Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Krafty Peeks: Day One!



Hey, Bloggers!  Welcome back!  Today is Day One of August's Krafty Peeks at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and we're showcasing a fabulous new set by our very ownNicole Aspinall, Halloween Trinkets!  I love working with these fabulous circle sentiments.  They fit perfectly in standard punches, but I use them with my nestie dies, so I can layer them up.  

Trinkets are so incredibly versatile.  Use them to jazz up an image with a little something or make them the focal point with some fabulous die cut layers and fun embellishments.  Speaking of fun embellishments...see the glittery spider in the lower right hand corner?  You'll never guess where I found that little beauty.  Not Michael's...not Hobby Lobby...not one of our local stamp stores.  I found him at Pier One!  Yep!  They have a stellar Halloween section this year and I found lots of these spiders in various colors.  If you live in the Albuquerque area, don't bother hitting the store on San Mateo, because I completely cleaned them out...LOL!  

Be sure to hit all the DT's blogs and leave comments as you go, because one lucky winner will be randomly selected by Kimmie to receive a set of these wonderful Halloween Trinkets!  Wouldn't these be awesome to add to your Halloween stamp stash?  Start at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog and go from there.  

Okay, that's it for me today.  Pop back in tomorrow because we will be previewing some lovely new images by Cheryl Alger!  Until then, stay krafty!    

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love your papers and colors and that spider is too cute! Guess I should go to Pier 1 more lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usualy I hate spiders, but now I love them! Beautiful card!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I like the Trinket on the coloured paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout Cheryl! Fantastic layering and I just love the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...I love Halloween and those little trinkets really add to it!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    blundquist@wavecable.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is spooktacular, Cheryl!!! I LOVE that spider (it even gave me a little chill when I saw it!) :) Gorgeous papers and love the layout!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...simply awesome...love the colours, the twine, and all the embellishments...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kind of card Cheryl!!This is PERFECT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers Cheryl this is fantastic. Love your elegant Halloween card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Cheryl! I love all of the layering and dimension (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl this is amazing as always and I will be hitting Pier 1 today, it is five minutes from my house. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen O. k.oconnor1302@yahoo.comAugust 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

    Great card! Love the colors and the layering...

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card..love the vinatagey feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! Reminds me of Beattlejuice :) Cannot wait to play with the Halloween stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the orange houndstooth background!!! Great embellishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards I love what you have done

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is amazing, love all the beautiful details.

    Hugs Heike

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG This is Fabulous!!!! Love your card too! And I adore that Fab spider on there too! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous adorable card!!

    Karla:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. fatntastic card! I love the Love the burlap and the twine over it.. the papers are great.. these stamps are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wowzers, love all the shabby layers and cool embellies..great card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know I always love your stuff!!! This new set is wonderful and I need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These trinkets are such a fun stamp, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card. I ADORE this saying... What cracks me up is that I immediately thought of a Vegas Poker Chip for this one. I must need to go to Vegas soon. As always you did a faboo job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wicked Halloween card it has a vintage feeling to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this! I can't wait to buy the trinkets and try to make things half as pretty as you ladies have ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is lovely and the green is perfect for Halloween. I love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They are greatly appreciated :D